Welcome to McMinnville Locally Grown’s Recipe Section. We’d love to have your comments if you try some of our recipes. Our members and growers are encouraged to contriubute to this section. We love to share recipes using our farm fresh products!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Fat-Free Watermelon Sherbet
Source: Better Homes and Gardens, July 2011 (Entered by Ann Brown)
This sounds so cool and refreshing – my only problem would be not eating the watermelon before I got the sherbet made!
Serves: 8 (1/2 cup) servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. You should have about 3 cups of pureed watermelon. Stir in sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin and cranberry juice. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir gelatin mixture into the pureed melon. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover and freeze about 2 hours or until firm.
- Break up frozen sherbet and plance in a chilled mixer bowl. Beat with a mixer on medium to high speed until sherbet is fluffy. Return to pan. Cover and freeze about 6 hours until firm.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping.
Comments added by fellow market members.