Welcome to McMinnville Locally Grown’s Recipe Section. We’d love to have your comments if you try some of our recipes. Our members and growers are encouraged to contriubute to this section. We love to share recipes using our farm fresh products!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Baked Zucchini Sticks
Source: King Arthur Flour (Entered by Ann Brown)
A guilt-free way to enjoy “restaurant-style” zucchini sticks.
Serves: about 3 dozen sticks
Step by Step Instructions
- Slice zucchini nto 3"-long sticks. Place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let the zucchini drain for 1 hour or longer; rinse and pat dry.
- Combine Panko, Parmesan, and pizza seasoning; set aside. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray with olive oil.
- Dredge sticks in the egg, then roll in the crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet. (You can substitute 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup (4 oz) egg substitute for the whole eggs.)
- Bake sticks for 12 minutes, turn over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately with your favorite dip, such as Sweet Onion Dip.
Comments added by fellow market members.