Welcome to McMinnville Locally Grown’s Recipe Section. We’d love to have your comments if you try some of our recipes. Our members and growers are encouraged to contriubute to this section. We love to share recipes using our farm fresh products!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Cuban Oregano Bhajis
Source: surfing the web (sorry, forgot to get the location) (Entered by Ann Brown)
Deep fried cuban oregano.
Step by Step Instructions
- Rinse the leaves and let them air dry.
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients to eliminate lumps. Whisk in enough water to form a thick batter that drops smoothly from a spoon.
- Heat oil for deep frying to 350° F, and add 1 tsp of the hot oil to the batter. Whisk well.
- Gently drop the battered leaves into the oil and fry, occasionally turning, until golden brown.
- Drain and serve hot with chutney and beer. (Tea would be good too…I guess.)
Comments added by fellow market members.