Welcome to McMinnville Locally Grown’s Recipe Section. We’d love to have your comments if you try some of our recipes. Our members and growers are encouraged to contriubute to this section. We love to share recipes using our farm fresh products!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Farmer Brown's (Entered by Ann Brown)
Once you try this lemonade, you’ll never be satisfied with regular lemonade again!
Serves: 16 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the sugar and 1 1/2 cups cold water to a simmer.
- Cook, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat add the basil, and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup into a resealable container and discard the solids.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the basil syrup into each of 8 ice-filled glasses, then fill with lemonade.
- (You can cover and refrigerate the remaining syrup for up to 2 weeks.)
- Tip: You can add a splash of basil-infused syrup to any summery drink, whether ginger ale, iced tea, mineral water, or sparkling wine (such as Prosecco).
- I like to double this recipe and freeze the basil syrup in ice cube trays. After frozen, remove the cubes and store in a plastic bag in the freezer.
Comments added by fellow market members.